This insurance provides protection up to the limit agreed against the legal liabilities and legal defense costs you may incur as stevedores arising out of your cargo handling activities. It is subject to Associated Marine Insurers Stevedores’ Liability Clauses, a copy of which is available on request.
Cover includes liability for
- cargo lost, damaged, misdirected, delayed or wrongfully delivered
- ships lost or damaged
- third party property
- loss of life or bodily injury
- Where such liability occurs in the course of or arises from your stevedoring operations.
Principal Risks Excluded
Liability for or arising from
• worker’s compensation
• property you own, use or lease
• maintenance or repairs to vessels
• cutting, brazing, welding or other “hot work”
• loose scrap operations
• loading/unloading by electric magnets, buckets, grabs etc
• use of licensed vehicles, or unregistered vehicles off premises
• penalty clause payments, detention, demurrage or other consequential loss
• Punitive or exemplary damages.
Stevedores’ Liability Insurance Information you will want to know about this insurance.
Optional Extension of Cover
Pollution inclusion endorsement.
This is based on your gross charges for the period of insurance, the limit of liability, the type of cargo handled, vessel characteristics, the number of employees and your contractual arrangements with your principals. A minimum and deposit premium is calculated on your estimated gross charges. This is adjustable on expiry of the policy period on receipt of your certified actual gross charges if these are higher than estimated.
Settling Your Claim
Subject to the policy deductible our experienced claims staff will promptly indemnify you up to the agreed limit for legal liability and costs insured by the policy.
The information above is an outline of the cover provided. Full details of the cover with all limitations exclusions and conditions are contained in the policy.